Our 2013 Ofsted report can be downloaded by visiting the official Ofsted Website at: http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/files/2163499/urn/111307.pdf
Here are just some of the great things said about our school:
“This is a good school”
- Pupils make good progress and achieve well in all subjects. The results achieved by pupils are rising.
- Teaching is good across the school. Teachers know their pupils very well and plan lessons which take into account each pupil’s ability. This means that all pupils make good progress.
- Pupils in the Nursery and Reception classes are particularly well taught and supported, so that they make good progress both academically and personally.
- Reading is taught successfully, and standards in literacy and numeracy are at national average levels by Year 6.
- Pupils who speak English as an additional language are very well supported by teachers and other adults, so they are able to catch up quickly and achieve well.
- Pupils enjoy school and behave well. They feel safe and are proud of their school. Pupils work hard in lessons and want to do well.
- The headteacher has high expectations of all pupils and staff. She monitors the quality of teaching very carefully, so she has a very clear idea of the strengths of the school, and of which areas still need to improve.
- The governing body is very effective in holding the school to account. Governors carefully check pupils’ results for themselves, so they can challenge the school to improve further.
- The school has good relationships with parents, who are very supportive of the school and its leaders.
- Children from different backgrounds get on well together. The school works successfully to make sure that all pupils feel included and valued as members of the school.