Our final Admissions Policy for admission to Reception in 2016-17 is published below.
We welcome visits from anybody interested in a place at St Alban’s and look forward to meeting you and your child soon.
We will be holding an Open Evening from 3.30 pm – 6.30 pm on Wednesday 11th November and all are welcome to visit to meet some of the staff and to see our classrooms.
Important Information for admission to a Reception Class in September 2016
- Was your child born between 1st September 2011 and 31st August 2012? If the answer is yes then you need to apply for a place in school.
- Applications must be made using Warrington’s online system, handwritten paper applications are not accepted
- Applications for St Alban’s Catholic Primary School also need to be accompanied by a completed Supplementary Faith form
- The online application form for is available from 8 October 2015
- The online application form closes at midnight on 15th January 2016
- The process will be completed with details of the place offered to your child being sent to both your home address and the email address (which you provided on the online application form) from 10.00 hrs. on 15 April 2016
To apply for a place in a Reception class parents need to follow the procedures on the Warrington website by following the instructions copied below. To access the documents you will need to go directly to the Warrington site by clicking the link:
Information about first admission to reception class in September 2016
If your child was born between 1 September 2011 to 31 August 2012 they are due to start reception class in September 2016.
If your child currently attends a maintained, voluntary or private nursery by 8 October 2015 you should receive a letter and leaflet [pdf] which will give details about the admission to reception class processes.
If your child does not attend a nursery setting we are unable to send any correspondence to you therefore we strongly advise you read the leaflet and booklet before applying.
The online form should be completed by Warrington residents only.
All applicants should read the primary admission booklet [pdf] before completing the application form.
If any of your preferences are for faith schools the school’s own supplementary form should be completed as well as the online application form. You can get these from the school
You will find it useful to have the letter and leaflet to hand when starting your online application form.
The online application form for is available from 8 October 2015 to midnight on 15 January 2016.
The offer information will be sent to your home address on 15 April 2016. If you have expressed a preference to receive the offer information via email the information will also be sent to the email address* (which you provided on the online application form) from 10.00 hrs.
In the unlikely event of the email notifying the offer a school place which is different to the offer information in the letter, the school place offered in the letter will always prevail.
*Please note your email address cannot be changed after the closing date.